Well, one thing that I set to do was adding spell-checking to LiClipse, so, the first thing to note is that although the Eclipse platform does have that notion, there's only a default implementation on JDT and not on the platform (see: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=185695 for the request).
So, I guess that the platform guys do have lots of other priorities, so, I ended up extracting the code from JDT into a new plugin -- the code lives at: https://github.com/fabioz/eclipse.spellchecker (it's pretty much just getting the JDT code into a new repo and making it compile -- hopefully sometime it's removed from JDT and goes into the platform, but I know that may still take a lot of time... and maybe living as a separate plugin is a better option after all). Anyway, it's now integrated by default in LiClipse so that LiClipse-based editors can have spell checking (by default, every partition which maps to the string color will have spell checking enabled, but it's possible to customize it -- see: http://brainwy.github.io/liclipse/spell_checking.html for details).
Also, I've just released LiClipse 0.8.0. One of the nicest things is that now adding a language or editing an existing one should refresh the internal structure automatically, just requiring an editor restart to get the latest changes (previously on some situations this didn't happen properly), so, it's pretty straightforward to create a new language without ever closing LiClipse.
Creating a language is also streamlined, so, from the preferences > LiClipse and right-clicking one of the links to a directory tracked or by using the context menu on a file > languages there are options to create a new language on a directory tracked for language files.
LiClipse Homepage: http://brainwy.github.io/liclipse/
More details on release: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/liclipse/RjXAHwTqtKA